Today is an odd occasion. So much so that something unprecedented happened: I woke up and thought, “Hmm…maybe I’ll write something in that blog I seem to remember having.”
I could blame the lack of updating on laziness, the nearness of Spring, or on the people who neglect to take the lint off of the dryer lint trap. Instead, I will blame it on an impromptu list of people/places/things beginning with the letter D that all may or may not relate to the current economic crisis.
1. Daylight Savings Time–A couple weekends ago you stole an hour from me. I don’t care if you plan to give it back.
2. Dinners, Potluck–I love buffet-style eating. I love when friends, families, church congregations, and communities come together to dine off of paper plates.
3. Danny Bonaduce
4. Dexia–The Belgian-French financial institution that I saw in the Wikipedia article on “economic crisis.” Its own Wikipedia article says, “In February 2009 the bank announced net losses of 3.3 billion euros (approximately 4.2 billion US dollars) for 2008.” How could it not be Dexia’s fault?
5. Dunkin Donuts–Their new commercial presents eating donuts as a solution for your children’s mindless television watching, which they imply puts a wedge in your family. Also, their whole “You ‘kin do it” slogan is not funny. And, they’re offering six donuts for $3 for a limited time–small price to pay to avoid the possibility of having a body like Danny Bonaduce’s, but still–I will never forgive them for using Rachael Ray in their campaign that one time.
6. Mourning Doves–They wish they were as blameless as pigeons.
7. “Something is rotten in the state of Denmark.”
and last and most heinous of all:
8. All passengers on the D Train: